Running a website is not easy, it takes a lot of work. There are so many platforms out there on the internet to help you make your website a super hit. One of those platforms is WordPress, which consists of various tools to help you with your website. These basic wordpress plugins for website will make it easier to navigate and rank better on search engines but some of you aren’t aware of these tools that WordPress has to offer and that’s where I’m stepping in.
I’ll list down 12 basic WordPress plugins for website that you must know about to make your life easier in the future.
- SEO by Yoast: This one helps you make your basic website turn into something much cooler than just titles and descriptions of any particular topic or article you choose to publish. This allows you to do page analysis for every aspect, from readers to viewers. It doesn’t matter if you have personal blog or you are working for someone, this plugin will help make the particular website search engine friendly.
- Backup Buddy: Another really friendly plugin by WordPress is the backup buddy which lets you stay at peace all the time knowing that your data from your website has been backed up and kept safe on cloud or something. So even if something comes crashing down, you can rebuild it in no time. It has a perfect schedule of backing up the data everyday, doesn’t miss a day unlike you. Also, you can send and receive this backup file easily through online mediums to drive or offline mediums through a pen drive or into your phone.
- WPForms: Almost every website has various types of forms. If it is a blogging website, there is a form for feedback and subscriptions for the latest uploads. If it is a business page then the orders, complaints, payments and what not and how are you going to make these forms? Well, don’t worry, just setup the WPForms and you will have nothing to worry. You can create forms by following the instructions and use the suggestions they have to offer and you have everything you need.
- Soliloquy: You know one of those image or video sliders on websites on the best posts or the most read ones. Well you can have them too. And currently the best plugin to help you with that amazing feature is Soliloquy by WordPress which will give you the smoothest slider so that your website doesn’t hang every time someone is going through the slider. Keeping the user’s experience in mind, soliloquy gives a great speed to the sliding. It comes with a lot of features and you can try the free version ASAP.
- W3 Total Cache: Just the way your phone starts working slow and hanging way too often when you haven’t cleared the junk files in a while, your website too gets slower when you don’t clear the cache quite oftentimes and properly. This is where you must use W3 Total cache to clear up your website for faster and better performance. If it remains slow, that can affect your SEO. This plugin helps you to even compress files to make it easier for downloads and increase the traffic on your website in no time.
- Disqus: When it is a small website with not a lot of traffic, the comments section does not affect your running website because well obviously there aren’t much comments but when you are working on making your website a brand, you also need to start focusing on how to not let the comments section affect it. And this is where Disqus enters, which makes sure that your comments section is not connected to the basic server of your website so no matter how many come in, it won’t affect the speed and performance of your website.
- Login Lockdown: The damned hackers are everywhere. And the first step to their hacking is making a list of passwords that you might have used for the login of this website. And by default, anyone on the admin login page can try and out as many passwords as they want until the website opens. So in order to keep this from not happening, make sure you use Login Lockdown by WordPress. This plugin will help you keep your login attempt to a limited number and will lockdown the login for some time. Meanwhile obviously you’ll get a notification so can go and check out what’s up.
- Compact Archives: Now this one is actually a fun tool you can add to your amazing website. If you have been blogging for a while then this plugin is just made for you. It gets difficult for your users to find something from a long list of posts you have uploaded and it becomes a really long list of archives. The compact archive plugin will you to obviously compact the files, the post into groups. Maybe monthly or under titles, whatever suits you. And this will make it easier for your users to find a particular post in lesser time than it usually would have taken.
- Monsters Insight: This one is one of the best plugins you can use for your website. It allows you to connect your website with the Google Analytics and that helps you know more about the visitors of your website. Which part of world are they from, and what exactly are they doing on your website, what all they usually come to read, what are the questions they are looking to answer through your website. And using this plugin and the information it provides, you can strategize for better performance.
- Shared Counts: Now it is very important to add those social media buttons to your website. Every time a user wants to share something, they don’t want to do the long process of copy pasting the URL and all that nonsense. They want quick ways to share and that’s where the social buttons come in use. People can directly share it to whatever platform they want it to and for that you can use this plugin called Shared Counts. And sharing part is understood, what is counts? Well basically it means that you’ll be able to see how much your blog, or content has been shared on each social media platform individually.
- WP Touch: This plugin is especially used to make your website a mobile browser friendly website. There are website who act up crazy on the mobile screen because, well, it doesn’t add up, right? The screen is small, even if you’re using the latest iPhone, it’s still small. It has featires for eCommerce, mobile-advertising, custom content, and it allows you have an app for your site without the play store. You can easily convert your desktop site a mobile friendly version in minutes, not even hours.
- Sucuri: Last but not the least, let’s talk about the security of your website. If you don’t have a secure firewall for your website, you are being really dumb and go get one right now. And sucuri is my suggestion to you for one of the best security system it has to provide. These days the hackers are just getting advanced everyday and you need to make sure of your website’s safety.
This plugin provides you with real time alerts if someone is trying to intrude. And a website security scanner every time something usual is coming or approaching your website. Precautions are always better than cures, remember?
I hope this article helps you make your website a friendly and you can easily earn from blogging. Use these 12 basic WordPress plugins for your website just for you to get thing easier. Now you can run your website without much tension on your head and have a good night’s sleep without worrying about something going wrong. Don’t worry, the tools are handling it for you.