Do you know the cost of retwisting locs? They usually range from $50 to $300. Self-retwisting can be expensive, but it’s definitely worth it if you’re able to save money.Self-retwisting on your locks can be a daunting process, but a few simple steps can make the process go smoothly.
Spare a few minutes reading this enlightening post. You’ll surely learn how to give it a try. Trust me, you’ll be looking just as good as going to locktition.
How to Retwist Locs? – Tips
Start with clean, dry hair – Before you start retwisting, make sure your hair is clean and dry. This will help the process go more smoothly and ensure that your locks stay healthy.
While twisting, make sure that you keep your locks hydrated; that will help prevent frizz even after it dries. Also, seal in that moisture with an oil.
Divide your hair into sections – Once your hair is clean and dry, it’s time to start sectioning it off. This will make the retwisting process easier and help you achieve more even results.
Apply product to each section – Start with a small amount, and work it through the hair from root to tip. Make sure each strand is thoroughly coated.
Start retwisting – Now it’s time to start retwisting your locs. Begin at the root, and twist the hair in a clockwise direction. As you twist, gradually work your way down the length of the hair.
Set your locks – For best locs, start from the bottom up, making it easier to see the part, and you can part your locks as you want.
Tips for Locs
- When it comes to locks, use natural flaxseed gel and loc gel to give a tight hold and enhance moisturization. For locks, I’ll prefer smaller roots with thicker ends. So when you retwist your locks next time, you’ll only have to touch the roots.
- If you want a more uniform look, then retwist from the roots down to the end of your locks. If you prefer your locks to look smoother, rather frizzy, then smoothing the cuticles of your roots is very important, and using a comb.
- When you have a lot of new growth using comb during retwist, this will give your roots a more solid comb coil instead of palm rolling.
- Now, I will suggest going for a modified version of locksmithing, a kind of palm rolling, but you’ll roll your fingers around the lot to help it be smoother and give you a more uniform look. This loc is a good example of needing to use comb vs. rolling palm comb.
- Wrap that around a little bit and then roll your fingers around the lock again – this is the process of lock fitting.
Another locretwist Methods
Another method is to use a palm roll, which involves rolling your hands down each individual loc. This method tames frizz and keeps the logs bound together.
Next method is interlocking, which involves using a crocheting needle to stitch new hair growth to existing ones. This method is much more effective than palm rolling and can last longer. There are many benefits to interlocking, so choosing the best method for your particular hair type and schedule is important.
Besides using your fingers, you can also try using a rat-tail comb to separate your parting. Once you have a loosened loc, use the rat-tail comb to smooth out the tip of your hair.
While this method may be more convenient, it will also ensure that your locks have a good hold. Make sure you use moisturizer and wear a stocking cap or plastic cap to prevent your hair from getting too greasy.
– If your hair is particularly dry, you may want to pre-condition it before retwisting, which will help keep your locs healthy and hydrated.
– When retwisting, be sure to use gentle, even pressure. Twisting too tightly can damage the hair and lead to breakage.
– If your locks are particularly long, you may want to divide them into smaller sections before retwisting. This will make the process easier and help you achieve more even results.
Retwisting can take from two to five hours. The amount of time depends on your skill level and your desired style. Two weeks is probably enough if your locks are neat and crisply parted. If you have freeform locs, you might want to wait for several months before retwisting. You should plan ahead to give yourself ample time. Remember, practice makes perfect. The more you do it, the faster you will be.
If you decide to retwist on your locks, you’ll save money and time as many salons are closed throughout the country.
If you looking midi dresses so you can consult with Fashions Hall Of Trends for further information across USA