The two words’ training and development go hand in hand when it comes to the management of human resources (HRM). Training and development help HRM to ensure that employees remain proficient in the new advancements of technology and methods of doing business. It also develops employees’ skills in terms of the business processes that need to be followed. While training and development in HRM generally refer to education and training programs in order to improve the basic knowledge and skills of human resource operators and employees, in some cases it also refers to an entire system that aims to enhance business performance.
Training and development in HRM is important that you can find in the following points.
- Training and development in HRM cover several areas. One of them is performance training or improving employee performance through training and development program. This program helps employees adapt to the new ways of doing business in the business environment.
- In order to do this training needs to be continuous and one cannot teach employees something once and expect the same thing to happen repeatedly. To train employees continuously and get the desired results training and development in HRM needs to be implemented and managed properly.
- The other important area of training and development in HRM is training and development in recruiting and hiring new employees. Recruitment of qualified and skilled workers is needed in all kinds of businesses.
- Training and development in HRM enable employers to find the best employees suited for their particular job. Training not only improves an employee’s skills but also helps him acquire new skills for an increase in his efficiency in the future.
- Training and development to help employers determine the potential of an employee based solely on his skills, thus allowing employers to fill up the vacant roles they may have overlooked before.
- HRM involves both training and development as well as training and implementation. Training helps employees learn new skills and knowledge as well as how they are to be applied in specific situations. Implementation ensures that the employees get the learning objectives right and help them perform better. Managers are able to identify what training and development need to be done in order to address certain problems in the company or with specific employees.
In order to identify the skills a person has, a series of tests needs to be given to the employee. The tests give the employer an idea of what skill he needs from his employee. After testing the skills, the gaps are filled in. Training and development then follow and correct the skills acquired. It also develops the skills the employee needs to be able to use these skills in specific situations.
The Training Needs Analysis (TNA) assists organisations in determining the expertise and training gaps in their existing workers in order to better fulfil current and future employment. The Training Manager carefully considers the Analysis while designing the best Training curriculum to fulfil the capacity and training requirements of the workers in order to increase productivity and, eventually, achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
You may also like : Reinvent Yourself
Training and development need to be done by competent and experienced trainers and managers. As many companies are now shifting towards automation, companies are encouraged to keep training and development in mind. Companies need to identify what type of training and development their employees have acquired and ensure that the companies with employees who hold good functional skills are able to achieve productivity targets.